IBM SAN24B-4. Basic switching RJ-45 Ethernet ports quantity: 24. Switching capacity: 8 Gbit/s. Power connector: DC-in jack. Rack mounting, Form factor: 1U
- Simple-to-use SAN switch with easy-to-install and easy-to-use features designed specifically for the needs of small to medium-size environments
- New levels of performance with 8 Gbps Fibre Channel (FC) technology
- Ports on Demand scalability from 8 to 16 to 24 ports
- Protection for existing 4, 2 and 1 Gbps infrastructure investment while positioning for future technologies
- Foundation for new infrastructure simplification and business continuity solutions for servers running Microsoft® Windows®, UNIX®, Linux® and IBM AIX® and OS/400® operating systems
The IBM System Storage® SAN24B-4 Express fabric switch is designed specifically to address the needs of small to medium-sized SAN environments. It can be used to create a wide range of high-performance SAN solutions, from simple, single-switch configurations to larger, multi-switch configurations which support fabric connectivity and advanced business continuity capabilities. Infrastructure simplification solutions for IBM System x®, BladeCenter® and IBM Power Systems™ servers include storage consolidation and high-availability server clustering with IBM System Storage disk storage arrays. Business continuity solutions include data protection with IBM System Storage tape libraries and devices and IBM Tivoli® Storage Manager data protection software.
A single SAN24B-4 Express switch can serve as the cornerstone of a storage area network (SAN) for those that want to obtain the benefits of storage consolidation and are just beginning to implement FC storage systems. Such an entry-level configuration can consist of one or two FC links to a disk storage array or to a Linear Tape-Open® (LTO®) tape drive. An entry-level eight-port storage consolidation solution can support up to seven servers with a single path to either disk or tape. The Ports on Demand feature is designed to enable a base switch to grow to 16 and 24 ports to support more servers and more storage devices without taking the switch offline. A high-availability solution can be created with redundant switches. This capability is ideal for server clustering environments. Such a configuration can support from 6 to 22 servers, each with dual FC adapters cross-connected to redundant SAN24B-4 Express switches, which are cross connected to a dual-controller storage system. While the focus of the SAN24B-4 Express is as the foundation of small to medium-sized SANs, it can be configured to participate as a full member in an extended fabric configuration with other members of the IBM System Storage and TotalStorage® SAN b-type and m-type families. This capability helps provide investment protection as SAN requirements evolve and grow over time.
- Standard configuration includes 8-port activation and capability to attach to hosts and storage device. Capability to attach to other SAN devices is standard on 2498-B24 and optional on 249824E.
- Eight-port activation option enables pay-as-you-grow scalability to 16 and 24 ports.
- No previous SAN experience needed to use EZSwitchSetup wizard.
- Little or no management required in small fabric configuration.
- Advanced Web Tools provides intuitive, graphic switch management.
- Supports IBM Power Systems and System x, plus selected non-IBM servers.
- Full compatibility with other IBM System Storage and TotalStorage SAN b-type switches, routers and directors and Native Interoperability with current m-type switches and directors helps protect prior SAN investments.
- Ideal for use as an edge switch in larger SANs.
- Access Gateway mode enables seamless connectivity into heterogeneous SAN environments, enhances scalability and simplifies manageability (available only on 24-port configurations).
- 1U 19" packaging designed for rack-mount or table-top.
- Designed for high performance with 8 Gigabit per second (Gbps) fibre channel ports (requires storage hardware that supports 8 Gbps throughput).
- Speed auto-sensing capabilities provide backward compatibility with 4, 2 and 1 Gbps fibre channel links.
- Supports 8, 4 and 2 Gbps link speeds or 4, 2 and 1 Gbps link speeds depending on which SFP optical transceivers are used.
- Shortwave and longwave SFPs with different speeds can be intermixed in the same switch to meet unique requirements.
- Full Fabric operation and Universal Port Operation are available on all ports.
- Inter-switch link (ISL) trunking is supported on all ports.
- Advanced Zoning, intelligent management and monitoring with Web Tools, Fabric Watch and Performance Monitor features.
- Non-blocking architecture designed to provide up to 284 Gbps aggregate throughput with a 24-port configuration.
- Standard Advanced Zoning provides hardware-enforced zoning to protect against unauthorized or unauthenticated storage network access, non-secure management access and World Wide Name spoofing.
- IBM SAN b-type switches and directors use common switch firmware, which helps simplify SAN fabric expansion.
- Firmware upgrades are designed to be non-disruptive.
- Remote access and remote management are available through the fabric using GUI, SNMP and Telnet.
Kérem válassza ki az országát
High quality for less.
Buying a refurbished product from Kimbrer Computer can provide significant savings of up to 80% off the original retail price of a brand-new model, which makes it a great way to cut costs without compromising quality. We back our quality commitment by including a STANDARD ONE-YEAR WARRANTY, with additional coverage options available. In short, with a refurbished product from Kimbrer Computer, you will get:
- • A high-quality product at a very cheap rate
- • A cost-effective and environmentally friendly alternative
- • Fast delivery, directly to you or your customer
- • Great value for money
Refurbished – what is it?
A refurbished product generally refers to a used and pre-owned item. Every refurbished product from Kimbrer Computer has been professionally inspected and restored to “Grade A” condition, with faulty parts replaced with genuine ones, to make sure everything works and looks perfectly before being repackaged and put back on the market for resale. Though refurbished models may show some signs of wear, we guarantee that the items are always:
- • Inspected, tested and professionally restored by certified technicians
- • Fully wiped of data and software, leaving no traces of data for recovery
- • Carefully wrapped and shipped in electrostatic discharge (ESD) materials
- • With all original accessories and components (if applicable)